I have always seen Hyundai cars out and about, driving under the radar, but it wasnt until about a week ago while passing a used hyundai los angeles that I really asked myself, what is this car companys story? I went to all the Hyundai dealers I could find in and around Los Angeles County, hoping to find out. I went to West Covina Hyundai, Ontario Hyundai, Puente Hills Hyundai, Los Angeles Hyundai dealers and Anaheim hyundai dealers and I came back with some truly interesting information.
1. Hyundai was first established in 1947 by Chung Ju Yung. I learned at West Covina Hyundai that it was initially a construction firm and in 1967 the company began making cars and parts.
2. Hyundai is a multinational conglomerate with its headquarters in Seoul, Korea.
3. Hyundais automobile manufacturing grounds can produce 1.6 million cars, annually.
4. West Covina Hyundai also taught me that the first Hyundai model was called the Cortina and it was released with Ford in 1968.
5. Hyundai cars and SUVs are affordable and have one of the longest standing warranties available in the automobile industry. At least that is what the salesman at West Covina Hyundai told me, but I think he may be a bit biased.
While at West Covina Hyundai I saw high quality cars which would fit my modest salary and I learned so much of the company’s history. The mystery of Hyundai has, for me, been solved at last. Maybe one day I will buy one if I can ever get out of my true love: my Ford F 150.