Your father is certain that his older Ram truck is the answer to your family’s car dilemma.
You are very fortunate that no one was hurt, but when another driver turned in front of your 16 year old daughter, her car was totaled. Your husband is afraid that you are not going to be able to get a good lease on the next car. Wen you leased the car that was totaled you were trading in a van and were leasing two vehicles. Now that you have no trade in to offer and you are only looking for one car, you fear that you may not be able to get the same great deal that you found last summer.
When your father offered his used Ram truck as an option you could only think about whether or not your daughter could fit in the garage. Your husband pointed out, though, that he could drive the truck and would have no problem getting it on and out of the garage. Your daughter, he said, could start driving his car.
Your husband also pointed out that a high mileage used pickup would cost less to license and that the insurance would be lower as well.
Is Your Family Looking for an Additional Vehicle?
Whether you are looking for a used car or truck or a new lease, it is important to work with a dealer who you trust. Finding the right car, especially when it is in a short time frame, is not always as easy as a grandfather with an extra pickup. For most families, buying new cars or used cars is a combination of internet searches, test drives, and price comparisons.
Consider some of these statistics about the new and used car market and how it play into the nation’s economy:
- Americans drive their cars and trucks an average of 10,000 miles a year and get an oil change every 3,000 miles.
- $19,189 was the average price of a used car in 2016, according to the Edmunds Used Vehicle Market Report from that year. This represented a 3.4% increase from the year 2015.
- There were 9.81 million total used-vehicle sales in the first quarter of 2015, according to Edmunds.
- 54% of used cars in the year 2015 were three years old or younger, according to Edmunds.com reports.
- 40 million used cars exchange hands each year, between private-party and dealership sales.
- It is important to buy a certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicle, if you are planning to buy a vehicle that is less than 5 years old.
Whether you are looking for a luxury vehicle for yourself or a college car for a daughter, knowing the right dealers to work with is an important part of the process.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.